WatchOS 7 is going to get launched for public soon and it has a lot of features which are needed to be checked before deploying it to the customers. Currently, the developer beta 1 version of watchOS 7 is released so that the developers can download it and check them out before creating new features for Apple Watch. WatchOS is much more complex than any other iOS on macOS beta version. at first, you will need to download the proper certification in your Apple Watch and then only you will be able to download the watchOS 7 beta 1 version in your iOS 14 beta. Then you can transfer it to your Apple Watch and start to use it after running the application. The whole process is not tough but it is time-consuming. So you have to be patient and also you need to know how to troubleshoot the device if needed. There are three steps to download the version which are:
- The download of watchOS 7 beta certification
- The installation of watchOS 7 using iPhone
- The installation of watchOS 7 on the Apple Watch
How to download watchOS 7 beta 1 certification
Before starting the download you need to make sure your iPhone is having iOS 14 beta version to run the application. The steps to download the certification is given below:
- Open the URL developer.apple.com in your iPhone which is connected to your Apple Watch.
- Then you have to go to the option “Discover” and click on “watchOS” to start the download.
- When you will receive a prompt where you need to enter the Apple id made by you earlier.
- Then you have to click on “Install profile” right beside the option watchOS 7 beta.
- It will automatically ask you for permission in a prompt and you need to click on “Allow” to proceed with the download.
- Then you will need to click on “Install” and when a prompt comes up you need to enter the passcode.
- Now you have to install the file and then reboot your Apple Watch by clicking on “Restart”.
- After the rebooting process, your installation will be normal on your Apple Watch.
How to install Apple watchOS 7 using iPhone
The purpose of the downloading of certification is to know whether any update is available for watchOS or not. If it still doesn’t show the watchOS7 beta then you need to reboot it once again. When the Apple Watch detects the software you need to start installing it using your iPhone.
- At first, you will need to connect your iPhone with a nearby Wi-Fi and then launch the Apple Watch app on your phone.
- Then you have to go to “My Watch” tab and click on “General” to check for software updates.
- Now you have to download and install the available update on your iPhone.
- In between, you will receive a prompt where you need to enter your iPhone passcode to proceed.
- Then you will need to click on “Agree” to the terms and conditions available there.
- Before all this process, you should make sure that your Apple Watch has at least 50% of the charge and also you should connect it to the magnetic charger if possible.
- Now you need to install the software on your iPhone as well as Apple Watch.
In this process, the update will get downloaded on your iPhone and then transferred to the Apple Watch. Your Apple Watch will immediately reboot itself to apply all the software updates. In the meantime, you can also check the progress on the Apple Watch itself to know when it is done.
Sometimes the update fails at the initial stage of verification. In that case you should try again and if it happens repeatedly then you should un-pair and then again re-pair your iPhone and Apple Watch and keep trying. This un-pairing and re-pairing take a lot of time and that is why you should be 100% sure that the verification is not working.
The installation of watchOS 7 on the Apple Watch
If you want to install watchOS 7 using your Apple Watch only then you should make sure that you have watchOS 6 on your Apple Watch previously and you can update it through Settings of your watch. To do this from your Apple Watch you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to open the settings option on the Apple Watch through your app list or Siri.
- Then you need to go to the “General” option and look for a “Software Update”.
- Now you need to install the updates and click on “Ok”.
- After that, you have to open watch app on the iPhone and click on “Agree” to the Terms and Conditions on the phone.
- Then again you have to switch to your Apple Watch and click on “Download & Install”.
In this time your Apple Watch will also need at least 50% of charge to update it. Otherwise, the process will automatically fail.
So this was the detailed steps about how to install watchOS 7 developer beta 1 in your Apple Watch. Every year Apple launches some updates regarding their various platforms and they include new features in those updates. They launch them before the official launch for the beta version so that the developers can check whether the new features are worthy enough. But along with that Apple and some pre-launched bugs in those updates so that it cannot be used commercially in the everyday devices. It is a great step by them for their profit.