MacBooks are expensive, and you really need to protect them from theft. The best thing to do is to purchase a laptop lock because that offers you enough security when you have your laptop on your desk or when you leave it at a place while you are out for lunch. You can latch your laptop almost anywhere with the help of these laptop locks. One thing that you need to take care of is that you need to purchase a lock that is compatible with the MacBook. Not all the locks are actually compatible with MacBooks, so pay special consideration to the compatibility factor.
We are going to help you with purchase here, and we have listed some of the best laptop locks that are available for MacBooks. Check them out below and go through the pros and cons of the laptop locks for MacBook.
Best Laptop lock for MacBook in 2020
The first one on our list is from I3C and this is one of the best brands available in the market. The lock comes with 90-day damager return policy and it is also very durable. You can use this lock with smartphones, iPad, MacBook, and all other laptops as well. Since there is a 4 digit number code in the lock, you do not have to carry the key along with you. You can even purchase extra brackets to stick on to other devices. This way, you do not have to worry about the compatibility of the lock, either. You can use it anywhere and it is an expensive solution for your safety issues. The bracket has 3M glue, which sticks very well.
- Quite an affordable lock.
- Fits almost all the MacBooks and iPad because of the anchor plate.
- Has a 4 digit combination lock which eliminates the risk of carrying the key.
- Has a 6.5 feet cable
- Nothing as such
Next on our list is a laptop lock from Kensington. One thing that we absolutely loved about this lock is that there is no need to make any modifications to the laptop for using this lock. This basically locks down the laptop even without the need fora security slot. The screen size that can be used here is 11 inches to 15 inches, which is a great range considering the standard MacBook size. It features a completely non-invasive technology and hence you do not end up damaging your device either. This product is best suited for the ultra-thin laptops like the Air Series. Lastly, there are options available for the kind of locks that you need.
- It is a locking station that has an option to buy a combination lock, electronic lock, and keyed lock.
- No hardware modification required with the dock.
- It comes with 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- Compatible with a wide range of models.
- It can’t be considered as very portable.
This is the second product available from Kensington. If you think that the one mentioned above was not as secure as you want to, then have a look at this. It is a complete docking station for your MacBook. The aluminum bar is brushed with silver in order to match with your MacBook. If you are using this lock, you would not be losing access to any of your ports, which is certainly a good advantage. It does not just protect your laptop, but it also tilts the keypad into a more comfortable position. Apart from this, this docking station is thin so it will easily fit into your laptop sleeve.
- Available for 11 inches and 13 inches MacBook.
- It comes with a brushed metal finish to match the MacBook.
- It is a docking station that can also be tilted to get the right angle.
- Durable and non-invasive technology makes it a good choice.
- Slightly expensive when compared to other products.
Do you have the MacBook with the touch bar? Are you finding it hard to get the right lock? Well, have a look at this product, which is designed particularly for MacBook Pro with a touch bar. This is the smallest model available and it works well with 13 inches as well as 15 inches MacBooks. The installation process is quite simple and it hardly takes a minute. The edge lock works like a slot for the main lock. This is certainly a good product if you have a MacBookPro with a touch bar. It should be noted that you will not be able to use this lock adapter with the non-touch bar models
- This is one of the thinnest lock available in the market.
- The adapter comes with the lock which makes it easy to attach the laptop to the lock.
- This product comes with an installation kit.
- No impact on the functionality of the laptop.
- This is not compatible with non-touch bar models.
At number 5, we have a security cable lock that is compatible with the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. You will be able to use it in USB 3.0 Slot and it offers you the required protection. The cable is made of galvanized steel which is very durable and the lock itself is quite affordable. The brushed metal finish matches up with your MacBook and the lock is designed in a way that saves a lot of space as well. It is also compatible with the master key just in case you end up losing the original key of the lock.
- Quite a durable lock that is available at an affordable price.
- It has an elegant minimalistic design, which saves a lot of space as well.
- No extra port needed as this is compatible with USB 3.0.
- It comes with a key lock that is hard to break.
- It blocks the USB port of the system.
Are you unable to find a lock because your MacBook doesn’t have a security slot? Well, have a look at this product at number 6. This is a laptop lock that comes with a bracket that can be installed on your device. The cable is made of stainless steel and the length of the cable is 6.5 feet. In terms of the bracket that is provided by the cable, it is quite a strong one which works with all kind of device. If your laptop has a security hole built in then you can even use the log without the adapter.
- Works 2 way with the device as it can be used with a security hole and it can be used with the adapter.
- One of the most affordable productson our list.
- It offers 100% security to you and has a long 6.5 feet cable.
- Has a key lock which comes with a spare key
- We couldn’t find an option to purchase an extra bracket.
Have a look at the lock at number 7 and you will be delighted to look at this setup. This is especially for the laptops which do not have a lock slot on the laptop. This is designed like a blade security lock wherein the bracket can be attached at the bottom of the laptop. There is a small blade that can be retracted and attached to the lock. Do not worry as the lock is also provided with the setup. It is not as expensive as other models are, and this is the reason why a lot of people prefer this product.
- A non-invasive product that just needs attaching a bracket at the bottom of the laptop.
- It tilts the laptop slightly, which also ensures proper airflow and ventilation.
- Available at an affordable price when compared to other similar brands.
- It has a silver color which matches with the MacBook finish.
- Nothing that we could notice.
Moving on to the next product in our list, we have something from Compulocks, and this one is designed for MacBook Air 13 inch models. The lock comes with an ultra-slim wedge bracket that can be secured via a cable lock. There are tamperproof screws on the lock, and it comes with the cable lock as well. To install this lock, you can use an existing screw hole and attach the lock bracket into the screw hole. The tamperproof screw takes over from here, and it ensures the protection for you. Overall, this is a nice lock for MacBook, which you can consider.
- It is installed not in a lock slot but in any of the existing screw slots.
- It offers a minimalistic design with hassle-free security.
- You get the key lock that can’t be bypassed by opportunists’ people.
- This one is only compatible with MacBook 13.3 inches.
At number 9, we have a combination laptop lock which comes with an adapter. The adapter is compatible with almost every model of MacBook and it is also very easy to install. You can install this with TBar cable locks and the best part that we liked about the lock is the fact that it is very compact. The cable is made of galvanized steel and the length of the cable is 6 feet. Apart from this, the cable has a 4 digital t bar lock. You can choose to install the lock with the security slot or you can install it with the adapter provided.
- It comes with an adapter for the installation.
- It has a wide range of model compatibility, which makes it quite flexible.
- The number lock eliminates the need fora key and hence you do not risk losing the key.
- It is made of highly durable material.
- We found this to be slightly expensive.
Are you tired of the messy cables on the desk? Well, we have something that you are going to love and this is the last product on our list. This lock comes with a retractable cable which means that your table would not be messy anymore. The maximum length of the cable is 6 feet and the minimum is just 4 inches. The steel lock head in this lock kit can be attached either to the security slot or you can use the adapter that is provided with it. The lock key kit is compatible with multiple devices and that makes it versatile as well.
- It comes with a retractable cable which ensures that the table is not messy.
- It can be installed either with the lock adapter or with the security slot.
- The brand offers 12 months warranty on the lock.
- It comes with an extra key in case you lose one.
- No option to purchase extra adapters.
These were some of the best locks for MacBook and we hope you found something that you like. Be sure about the compatibility and check if you are getting extra lock keys as well. Number locks can eliminate the need for carrying the keys with you. You can also look at the locks that can be used with your iPad. That is going to offer an added advantage to you. If you do not have the required slot in your MacBook then you can choose to invest in the locks that come with a socket. This way you would not have to spend a lot of money on the lock. This was all for today and do share this page with your friends who need a lock for their MacBooks.