Best HomePod Alternatives 2020 : Apple recently launched HomePod in the market, and this is the first-ever smart speaker from Apple. It has gained a lot of followers, but the fact is that it is still the first generation speaker. There is a lot of scope for the improvement, and we are sure that in the upcoming iterations, Apple will be adding more features to the HomePod. Another point that concerns some of the people is the price tag associated with the HomePod. In such a case, we understand that you might be looking for alternatives for the HomePod.
Good thing is that there are multiple options available in the smart speaker market. Most of these are powered by the virtual assistant from Amazon or Google. You will see that Alexa has a better market share and it is widely adopted by the companies. On this page, you will find 10 different alternatives to HomePod that you can buy for yourself. This way, you will not only get a lot of option but you might end up saving some money as well. Move on to the next section and see what we have on the list for you. We are sure that you are going to love these alternatives.
Best Apple HomePod Alternatives in 2020
In this section, you will find the top 10 HomePod alternatives that are available in the market. You can check out these listings and you can also check out the reviews of these smart speakers as well. You can also check out the Pros and Cons of these alternative options, and we are sure that you will be able to find something that is appealing to you.
The first one on our list is from Amazon and it is a pioneer in the smart speaker industry. This is the most reliable HomePod alternative that you will find in the market. To add on to this, you get this speaker in 6 different colors. This model also has a clock integrated on it, which enables you to see the time without invoking any voice command. It doubles up as your nightstand, and you can also control your devices with that. Alexa keeps adding more skills to the Echo ecosystem, which makes it smarter with every passing day.
It is a true virtual assistant for you and apart from getting the information to you, it can control your camera, light bulb, plugs, lock, TV, thermostat, and all other devices if they are smart devices. This also connects to your phone and you can take calls with the help of Alexa. It is one of the easiest devices to set up at home.
- An Amazon product which is highly reliable and smart.
- It supports smart home devices and has a LED clock on the surface.
- One of the most affordable smart speakers available in the market.
- Nothing that we could notice
If the idea behind buying a smart speaker is to get the best sound quality, then we have a second device from Amazon. This is Echo Plus and it is slightly expensive when compared to the last model. It offers you with better sound quality and it can be connected to other echo dots as well. It is designed to offerdeep bass and 360-degree audio experience to you. This model has a tweeter and a woofer setup along with the speaker to offer you a good sound quality. The skills and the other virtual feature remains the same as all Alexa Devices. You can control your home and other applications with Alexa. If you are really looking for an alternative to HomePod then let us tell you that the sound quality of this device is comparable to HomePod.
- Available in 3 colors and you also get bundle options with this Smart Speaker.
- It is one of the smartest devices in the market, and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Considering the features, we would still say that it is an affordable smart speaker in the segment.
- Nothing that we dislike about Alexa
Check Latest Price at Amazon
Let us get some variation in the list with this Smart Speaker from Sonos. This is a smart speaker which is priced at around $200. It is available in 2 colors, and you can choose between a single speaker set or 2 speaker set. It uses Alexa for the virtual assistance support for the user, which turns this speaker into a smart speaker. It has all the features supported by Alexa and it can also answer your questions or comply with your request. Another amazing part of Sonos One is that it is very compact. It is also possible for you to pair it up with the home theater system and use it for surround sound experience. What makes it one of the best selling smart speakers after Alexa is the amazing sound quality that comes with it. As per one of the updates, you can also integrate this with your google smart speaker.
- This is quite a portable speaker and it also has amazing sound quality.
- It is easy to pair with multiple ecosystems which makes it quite versatile.
- Supports Alexa and also has multiple features to enhance the features of the speaker.
- The Sono app needs some updates in terms of the interface.
At number 5, we have a smart speaker from Ultimate Ears. You get two buying options in this speaker which means you can choose a model with the charging dock or without the charging dock. The virtual assistant supported by this speaker is also Alexa. Some of the amazing features of this smart speaker include Far-Field Voice Recognition, 360-degree surround sound, 16 hour battery life and waterproof capabilities. Apart from this, in connectivity options, the speaker uses WiFi as well as Bluetooth. You can even use this speaker in a pool as this is IP67 rated. The sound quality is truly amazing and the battery life makes it possible for you to carry this outside without a backup. Overall, you can consider this purchase instead of HomePod and you will surely be happy with the features that you are getting.
- It is IP67 rated which means it can be immersed in the water for 1 hour and 30 mins.
- Supports Alexa over WiFi and can stream music over Bluetooth as well.
- The far-field voice control makes it possible for you to command the speaker from a long distance.
- It might feel slightly bulky.
Bose is known for some serious sound quality and if you are among the people who would not mind spending a premium for the amazing sound quality then this is the speaker that you need to choose. This smart speaker from Bose also supports Alexa but what makes it versatile is that it can also support Google Assistant. It has an 8 microphone array for the noise cancellation and you get a stereo sound experience with this speaker. The speaker also has top controllers which enables you to control it and apart from that, you can use the Bose Music App to control this home speaker. Another amazing feature here is that you can connect it with other Bose speakers and hence you can get a synchronous sound. It also has a display screen on it and apart from this, the finish of this speaker is very premium.
- One of the best in terms of sound quality and controls. It also has an LCD screen on it.
- If you have difficulty in giving commands, then this is for you as the 8 microphone array ensures that the noise is rejected.
- It can be connected with other Bose speakers as well.It also supports Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Slightly expensive because of the quality and brand.
If you are looking for something less expensive when compared to Bose 500 but at the same time, if you do not want any compromise on the sound quality, then you can consider Bose 300. This is at least $100 cheaper than Bose 500. Talking about the differences, this is slightly smaller than its successor, and it has a Mono Audio instead of the Stereo sound. Apart from this, it offers 360 degree deep bass. Another difference that you will notice is that there is no display on this model. It shouldn’t make a lot of difference since you can connect and manage the speaker using voice control, buttons and the app. This model supports Alexa and Google Assistant. There is no other difference in terms of the features.
- This is an affordable product from Bose and it is worth the money
- It has a light bar, which indicates if the assistant is working on a request.
- Has a 6 array microphone to ensure that the noise is rejected while you are giving a command to the speaker.
- Some customers reported difficulty in pairing the speaker with other ecosystems.
At number 7, we have a smart speaker from Cowin and it is also an Alexa controlled speaker. You can control apps using the speaker and you can also control your home. It is possible to order a Pizza with the help of the speaker and do other such similar tasks. This speaker offers a stereo output and the sound is just perfect. You can use it in a room, party, dorm, kitchen or even in the car. The fact that the speaker is portable makes it possible for you to use it as per the needs. On average, the speaker’s battery can last for 24 hours but if it is about continuous playback, then the time is 9 hours.
- This speaker is available in 6 colors and it is an affordable option as well.
- You get a 3.5 mm cable along with the speaker to make it function like a regular Bluetooth speaker.
- Works effortlessly with Alexa and does all the tasks that Echo Dot would do for you.
- It only supports 2.4 GHz Wifi connection and not 5 GHz Wifi.
Next on our list is Zipp 2 from Libratone and it is also an Alexa powered device. It supports all the Alexa features and it has 6 far-field mics to ensure that your commands don’t go unnoticed. Apart from this, in terms of hardware, this model comes with a passive radiator, a 4 inch woofer, a 1.5 inch tweeter, and a reflector. The connection supported by this speaker includes Wifi, Bluetooth, Aux, and USB. The playtime for this speaker is 12 hours and it also supports multi-room play. You can choose between 5 colors while purchasing this. One feature that we love about Zipp 2 is the Hush Feature. To use this feature, you just need to put your palm on top of the speaker and it will change the volume levels to a minimum.
- It has a long battery life, which can give you a playback time of 12 hours.
- It has extensive connectivity options, which are usually missing in many speakers. This includes Aux, Wifi, Bluetooth and even USB.
- It also has support for Airplay 2 and it can support all features of the Alexa
- We found this to be slightly more expensive than the other models in the market.
At number 8, we talked about Zipp 2 from Libratone and one factor that might stop the buyers from purchasing that is the cost. If you are looking for a similar product but at a lower cost then you can check out the first generation smart speaker from Libratone. There aren’t a lot of differences here except for some in terms of the hardware. When it comes to Zipp, the hardware contains 2 tweeters of 1 inch, a 360 degree reflector, 4-inch woofer and, 2 passive radiators. This is also powered by Alexa and you can use Bluetooth, USB, Aux and,Wifi as the connectivity options. The battery in this smart speaker is a 2500 mAh that can be recharged fully in 2.5 hours and that gives you playback time of 12 hours.
- This speaker has a premium sound quality and it supports multiple connectivity options.
- It is available in 5 colors to match your style.
- The battery life is long and with multi-interface support, this becomes a blessing.
- It doesn’t support Apple music with the app but it supports Airplay and music over Bluetooth.
The last product that we have on our list is from Google. This is powered by google virtual assistant and it has all the required capabilities. You can manage and play your music with this app and you can even manage your day with Google Home Smart Speaker. It is the best choice if you have an Android power device. Changing channels, managing home is now very easy. It can give you the traffic updates and this can also keep you updated with the travel information. The apps supported by Google Smart Speaker includes a long list. In terms of the sensors, this speaker has a Capacitive Touch sensor and an ambient light sensor. It also has 2 inch driver with dual 2 inch passive radiators. For the input, there is a 2 mic array which can help you in controlling the speaker. This speaker is compatible with Android 5.0 and above. It is also compatible with Apple devices, where you can connect this to devices that are running on iOS 9.1 or higher version.
- Powered by google assistant. It is constantly being evolved and it is number 1 in terms of machine learning.
- Available at an affordable price, which makes it desirable to purchase.
- The setup is easy and it works well with the Android ecosystem.
- We found the hardware to be slightly low spec.
This was all about some of the best alternatives for Apple HomePod. You can check them out, and if you would like to check out the features of one of these products in detail, then you can visit the amazon page associated with these products. Apart from this, you can also check out some of the essential points while making the purchase. For example, you can look at the sound quality, the number of speakers integrated, compatibility, and other such features. You can check which virtual assistant is being used by the speaker that you are planning to buy. With all these, you may want to pay attention to the battery as well. With this, we will conclude the review and stay tuned for more such amazing product reviews.
Also Check :